This is how you file a complaint
The Swedish Consumer Agency/KO receives complaints about problems in the consumer markets.
A filed complaint to the Swedish Consumer Agency does not result in assistance with your personal claim against the company. However, a filed complaint could result in a company having to change their marketing or terms and conditions.
We accept complaints concerning the following:
- misleading advertising
- unfair contract terms
- incorrect price information
- dangerous products and/or services
- cancelled or delayed trips by plane
- lack of accomodations on trains or planes (personal assistance, unsolicited e-mail marketing)
- so called spam
Your complaint should include
- The name of the company you wish to file a complaint against and if your complaint concerns a specific product or service. Give a detailed description as to why you wish to file a complaint against the company.
- If your complaint concerns marketing it is important to include when and where the marketing was present. If it deals with marketing on radio or television it is recommended that you provide information about which day and time it aired, and on what channel.
- Enclose the ad, agreement, packaging, product or something else you wish to call attention to.
- State your telephone number and any other contact details in case we need to reach you for additional information. You can always choose to remain anonymous.
Send the complaint to
651 02 Karlstad
You can also send your complaint by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Swedish Consumer Agency is a government agency. This means, according to the general rule, that all documents received by the Swedish Consumer Agency/KO become public and can therefore be requested and read by the general public.